Since 2017, Young Voices has offered our contributors the opportunity to take a deep-dive on specific issue areas with our policy fellowships, pairing up a cohort of our writers with policy organizations and mentors with the expectation of producing tailored media hits.
Young Voices currently has one active fellowship and hopes to launch several more in 2021.
Free Society Fellowship
It’s no secret that the United States is at a critical political intersection. Either our politics continue with the winning formula of innovation and individual liberties that has created one of the most prosperous societies in human history, or we can take the failed route of socialism and tribal squabbling. Young Voices is aiming to take a stand for liberty, funding special projects our writers propose any of the following subjects:
- More affordable health care through market solutions
- Building public support for free markets over socialism
- Standing up for free speech on college campuses and in the public square
- Pushing back against the rise of illiberal politics on the far-left and far-right in the United States
- Finding solutions to immigration and a path to citizenship for Dreamers
- Ending the never-ending wars in Afghanistan and the Middle East
For three decades, the internet has thrived because of American lawmakers’ light-touch approach to regulation. But recently, Beltway politicians on both the left and right have been seeking to change this winning formula with proposals to regulate Big Tech like a public utility. Over the last three years, Young Voices has been pushing back by cultivating talent in the tech policy space through policy fellowships and organizational partnerships, connecting our writers interested in the issue area with scholars and experts.